Saturday, March 22, 2008

Been A Few Weeks...

I found out quickly how easy it is to get away from blogging on a regular basis. I'll just say that this has been a rough month for me. Despite the recent "Heroes" series at ICC which talked about not giving up, I have felt like giving up on my electrician career just about every day this month. I don't know what it is, but I just have so much doubt about my competancy and physical stamina to do this job. The calls aren't coming in like they normally do and when I do work, I literally take a physical beating.

The worst part is that I know I shouldn't feel bad about these things. I mean, in over 15 months of working as an electrician, I have not received any complaints or encountered many problems that I wasn't able to overcome. It just seems like every job is a major pain in the butt lately and I just don't feel like dealing with it. I also feel like I'm just not charging people enough for my work, which sucks for both of us. As much as I hated sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day, at least I was able to deal with the majority of problems that arose or quickly find someone who knew the answers to my questions.

To make matters worse, I started working on a Walgreen's Pharmacy with an old friend of mine last week. He has been an electrician for almost 20 years and really knows his stuff. I have no idea how he is able to make sense out of all the electrical systems that are involved in a new commercial building. I walked in there last Monday and just felt totally lost. I had no idea what to do and I feel like a moron in comparison to this guy. I realize that this is an experience thing but it's still frustrating all the same. I need to be grateful for this opportunity to learn from yet another skilled electrician.

Dena and my family all want me to hang in there and I know Jesus wants me to hang in there so I'm going to keep at it for now. I hope I can get my head and heart in line with them ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Carrie.... Dena's friend from work here. About the feeling totally lost and incompetent thing.... I totally hear you there. I have started many new jobs in the imaging field and I know what it's like to feel that way. You feel totally lost at first, and when you see others having such an easy time of things, it gets very frustrating. IT JUST TAKES TIME. It's alot like being a new christian for me....It's so great and new...AND THEN you realize that there is so much to still learn. Our whole lives are a learning process ya know? But isn't it great that we don't have to do it alone? Here's one that you may already know, simple, to the point and easy to memorize(which is one of mu short comings)
Psalm 22:19
But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me.
And one straight from Jesus' own mouth.....Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
So Hang in there brother, and know that when you call upon Him, He is already there! Take care.