Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones

Dena and I did a couple of new things today, but I want to talk specifically about our first trip to the movies in quite some time. Following a lot of excitement about the new Indiana Jones movie, I asked Dena if she would like to go see it this evening. I've always been a big fan of the first three movies and figured that this one would at least be on par with those pictures.

The movie was decent enough but nowhere close to any of the first three installments of the series. The humor and action were there, the characters were good, but the plot was far too fantastical. It seemed liked they put special effects in just to put effects in. A little bit of a disappointment in both Dena's and my opinions.

All in all, I expect way more from George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. My advice is see it at a matinee showing or wait for the DVD. Better yet, save your money and put it towards the new DVD releases of the original movies or towards the upcoming Lego Indiana Jones video game, which if it's anything like the Lego Star Wars games, will provide hours and hours of entertainment.

No comments: