Sunday, June 1, 2008

Holding Down The Fort

Well, "Guns 'n' Moses" is on a temporary hiatus. All the guys but me are involved in some sort of activity that will keep them away from ICC for the duration of the summer. With Brandon working as a counselor at a camp in North Carolina, I, with Dena's assistance, have assumed the role of temporary worship leader. I was really nervous about it, but two weeks in, I can only say that things are going way better than I had expected.

Dena sang while I accompanied her on guitar last Sunday and our friend Sami joined us to sing this week. We will probably have another guitarist/vocalist join us this week too. Everyone has been really supportive and I think they are really impressed with the job we're doing so far.

Dena and I are trying to keep in mind that we are doing this to glorify God and it doesn't really matter if we make a mistake here and there, which is what worried me the most the first week. I got pretty comfortable playing with a full band that could cover many of the mistakes I made, but I think this experience is going to give me the opportunity to continue to improve as a guitarist.

I can't believe that only one year ago I had absolutely no intention of going to church and now here I am leading worship. I can't even begin to imagine what He has in store for me next.

No comments: